Are you an experienced Estimator within the Rail civil engineering sector? My Client, a Main Tier 1 Civils Contractor is looking for an Estimator for 12 Mths - Starting March 2022.
Ideally the suitable candidate will reside regionally South West/South Wales Region, however due to the role being mainly based from home, my client would consider someone further afield for the right Candidate. However there would be the odd requirement to attend their offices.
As the ideal candidate your key skills will include an excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy, awareness of current construction technologies and methods and how these impact on outputs and costs, understanding of civil engineering resources, their costs and outputs and how these translate to the overall project cost, an understanding the significance of project constraints on cost of delivery and knowledge of risk management procedures and how these impact on cost estimates.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and knowledge:
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified ideally within quantity surveying or an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar pre-delivery /Estimating role or in site management / Engineering or commercial management role.
- Be able to read construction drawings and take off quantities from drawings
- Knowledge of construction techniques and outputs
- Contractual awareness
- Commercial acumen and awareness
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to liaise with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Safety, Health , Environmental & Quality policies and procedures
Please apply within, if you want more details on the role please call Jake Yarwood - Rail & Civil Consultant 01212127790
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone....