Are you a technical finance expert with the ability and experience to influence at board level?
Through internal progression an opportunity has arisen to make a significant impact across the business by taking the lead on technical accounting (IFRS 15), internal control and financial governance for the UK business, ensuring best practice in the accounting and external financial reporting and providing guidance and oversight on any complex issues requiring accounting judgement.
Beyond the financial benefits you'll be joining a vibrant, fast paced and forward thinking organisation
Key responsibilities of the Financial Accounting and Controls Manager will include:
- An understanding of all proposed business changes and ensure that the accounting implications are appropriately communicated, especially revenue recognition.
- You will prepare and review accounting papers for new contracts, accounting assumptions and judgements made
- Lead the execution and management of the Internal Control & Compliance schedule
- Leading on decision making and accounting of the complex/judgemental accounting areas, whereby you will drive both efficiency and effectiveness across the business.
- Present quarterly to UK Senior Leadership team providing recommendations and communicating strategic level issues and concerns as the lead member of the Compliance Committee
- Project managing the impact analysis and implementation of new and revised accounting standards.
- Leading accounting process reviews and taking responsibility for technical compliance of Annual Report/Accounts.
- Manage/develop a small team
The ideal Financial Accounting and Controls Manager will possess the following attributes:
- Graduate calibre, qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)
- You will already be a technical accounting expert operating in a large organisation, or working in a top practice technical function or other relevant environment.
- Demonstrable experience of interpreting accounting standards and making them relevant to a business, ideally with exposure to complex areas
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, able to build strong working relationships, both internally and externally, at all levels up to board level
- Experience of FRS102 & SAP would be beneficial
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003...