We are currently recruiting for a Finishing Manager. Deliver a high quality residential unit? Good with customers? We have a new role where you can demonstrate your talents.
- Sector: Finishing Manager (Residential)
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Contract type: Freelance
- Start date: July 2021
- Duration: 6 months
- Pay rate: up to £220 per day
- Randstad CPE contact: Matt Jasper (Maidstone branch)
With 5+ live projects running currently in the Kent region this volume national developer has a reputation for delivering high quality homes to the market. Their stringent quality control process throughout the whole build programme is reflected upon final delivery and their customer satisfaction surveys.
Part of a large multiphase scheme delivering 200+ new homes, this traditional build development is a combination of 2-5 bedroom houses and 1-2 bedroom apartments. Private spec, affordable housing and HA. The development has a target of 80 units for this financial year.
Working under a Senior Site Manager you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out plot inspections at various stages of the build process.
- Write lists of defects and issue non-conformance notices to subcontractors (paper format and via email).
- Coordinate with contractors for when works should be completed by.
- Order any non-supply and fit materials for works to be completed.
- Liaise with the Customer Care team to schedule inspections of plots that you have signed off as ready for quality control inspection.
- Liaise with the NHBC and Housing Association to pick up any final snag items.
- Progress report back to the senior site team.
- Maintain accurate detailed reports.
- Carry out home demonstrations as and when required although this is usually performed by one of the Senior Managers on the project.
- Communicating with home buyers as and when required feeding back to the customer care department on issues that may arise once occupation has taken place.
- Coordinate with contractors or internal multitrader to complete home buyers defects lists.
You will be an individual that enjoys a challenge, takes pride in delivering an exceptional property and has the ability to gel with a larger project team.
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- CSCS Card (Blue Skill card as a minimum)
- First Aid
- Trade related City & Guilds or NVQ is desirable.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering new build residential schemes.
- Working knowledge of building regulations and NHBC sign off criteria.
- 1-2 years experience of managing trades packages either for a developer, main contractor or subcontractor.
- An eye for detail.
- Strong man-management and motivational skills.
- Be able to write detailed reports.
- Excellent organisation.
- Customer facing and approachable.
What to do next
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.