What would you do with a competitive salary, upto 9 weeks' off, whether you're going away or staying in?
Ferrero Alfreton, one of the UK's most-loved chocolate brands is looking for General Operators to become the beating heart of their factory operation. With the busiest production periods spanning June - March, now is the perfect time to apply and get yourself immersed and ready to bring some of the best-loved chocolates to the nation's sweet-toothed population. In return, you'll benefit from up to 9 weeks leave every year.
If that isn't sweet enough, there's also a generous bonus and pension scheme, subsidised staff restaurant and large on-site free parking - now that's what we call a sugar rush!
To be successful in this permanent position, offered on an annualised hours contract basis, we'll need you to be flexible to working different shift patterns. This could include working days and nights across a 24-hour period (including weekends), but when you're surrounded by chocolate you won't want to be anywhere else!
Let's unwrap the role further.
- Competitive starting salary of £16,930.80 increasing to £18,812 after probation
- Bonus of up to £424 per annum
- Large on-site free parking
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Staff shop with 25% discount on Thorntons products
- Generous pension scheme
- Private health care option
- Adhering to standards in key areas such health and safety, food safety, cost, performance and environmental targets
- Following standard operating procedures, policies and ways of working
- Completing key production tasks and compliance checks
- Working collaboratively as part of a team to meet key production targets
- Taking part in proactive problem-solving activities and showing an active interest in looking for ways to improve the production operation
Skills and experience required
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills
- A 'can do' attitude: someone who enjoys variety in the working day with the ability to maintain levels of focus for the repetitive aspects of the role
- An eye for detail to spot any potential issues and the confidence to take the necessary actions to resolve and escalate to the right person
- The ability to work to defined standards and processes
- Great communication skills with the ability to work well with others providing help and support to seasonal colleagues who join the team at our busiest production times
- A flexible and adaptable mind set in order to respond effectively and efficiently to changing production requirements
- Great communication skills, flexibility and a collaborative approach to work
- Ideally experienced in a Food Manufacturing or FMCG environment
With a role at Ferrero Alfreton you will receive on the job training and a real opportunity for you to develop your career.
Apply today to join the chocolate-lovers already enjoying their careers with Ferrero....