We are looking to recruit for a Head of Data Governance! Please see details below to see if this a suitable role for you.JOB PURPOSE
Define, manage & monitor the local data management organisation and initiatives accordingly to BCBS 239, DPA18/GDPR and future relevant regulatory principles, championing and educating on these principles throughout the business. Promoting a "Know Your Data" (KYD) culture to ensure all relevant decisions are taken in full awareness of their impacts.
The Data Governance team are part of Data and Analytics Office team whose responsibilities cover:
- Developing the local data strategy in line with BNP PF & Global strategy
- Define, manage & monitor Data Governance principles in the organisation, supporting Data Protection implementations and monitoring of and intervention in other initiatives accordingly to DPA18/GDPR, BCBS 239 and relevant other principles
- Set the strategic vision and direction on data quality
- Define and monitor appropriate controls including data integrity & data privacy
- Be the experts on data Regulation:
- Key contributor to BNP PF BCBS 239 initiatives
- Ensuring in line with GDPR requirements
- Supporting the business by coordinating and owning some of the framework(s) for the Record of Processing Activity (ROPA), Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), Data Management Compliant Labels and similar processes as required.
- Instilling a data first culture and building key relationships with business stakeholders
- Championing, growing awareness and knowledge of data privacy & protection, governance and compliance
- Support the CDAO in owning and authoring the Data Governance Framework and its associated committees, sub frameworks and structures.
- Set the strategic vision and direction on Data & data quality
- Define & set up the organisation for data quality management & controls
- Ensuing a data quality management framework is adhered to at all times
- Carry out risk assessments on data within the organisation & provide recommendations for improvement
- Proactively identify where policies are missing and work with the business areas to develop & implement these
- Maintaining a transversal view on each critical data element along its data lifecycle
- Overseeing the management of the data flow/control documentation and lineages
Key contributor to BNP PF BCBS 239, GDPR and similar regulatory initiatives. With specific reference to the delivery of the Data Management domain and the achievement of buy in to Data Governance structures throughout the organisation, and the strategic alignment of these structures with PF group and Global Group.
- Liaise with IT on the optimal data storage, IT infrastructure in line with BNPPF Data Strategy
- Be the first line expert on data Regulation
- Be aware of all data regulations impacting BNPPF and provide initial guidance, recommendation, remedial plans and controls to ensure that BNPPF implementations are aligned with our regulatory aims.
- Understand key elements of compliance & develop practical frameworks to ensure those relating to the perimeter are met.
- Working closely with Data Protection Correspondent (second line) and legal to ensure alignment across all aspects of data governance
Project / Project Management
- Actively contribute to complex projects; manging overall schedule, work stream and tasks. Orientating the project to deliver maximum business benefit whilst adhering to the Data Governance, Protection and Management principles.
Support the delivery of the wider data strategy & analytics vision of BNPPF
- Work as an internal consultant across all analytical groups & business areas providing advice & support on programming efficiency, data infrastructure, data integrity, system recommendations and technical approaches to maintain controls / validation
- Line management & coaching responsibilities for other members of the Data Governance team and indirectly the wider members of the Data Champions
- Wider training in the organisation including in own initiatives.
- Provide direction, leadership and training in all aspects of data quality & data management frameworks
- Identify and eliminate any knowledge traps or single point of failure
- Identify strategic opportunities to drive efficiency and cost reduction through effective use of resource, data & process automation
- Ability of working with and influencing the Senior Management Team