Are you an experienced Head of Group Reporting that will develop good relationships with the business units to understand their systems, processes and business issues and to challenge the information they report to the Group to then be responsible for the preparation, presentation and development of the Group's consolidated financial information and statutory accounts.
Through continued growth higher demands are being made on the finance team and a need to reflect the increasing sophistication of the wider business.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Group Reporting will include:
- Preparation of annual group and subsidiary entity statutory accounts for UK business
- Support month end close process
- Working with newly acquired subsidiaries to ensure their reporting is in line with group policy
- Assist in developing a world-class management reporting, planning and forecasting process.
- Provide analytical support to the Group Financial Controller and the corporate team and provide real value through the provision of quality, timely and accurate information, highlighting issues and trends.
- Accounting systems upgrades
- Driving improvements in monthly reporting
- Technical IFRS analysis of group financial accounting issues and transactions
- Directly assist senior management at period ends, analysing divisional and Group monthly results.
The ideal Head of Group Reporting will possess the following attributes/skills:
- Graduate calibre, qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)
- You will already be a technical accounting expert operating in a listed or large complex company, with excellent knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong stakeholder-management and engagement experience (including external bodies), along with the personal integrity and strength of character necessary to influence change at the highest levels in a sophisticated environment.
- Demonstrable experience of interpreting accounting standards and making them relevant to a business, ideally with exposure to complex areas.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, able to build strong working relationships, both internally and externally, at all levels up to Audit Committee.
- Excellent attention to detail, coupled with the tenacity and resilience required to flourish in a pressurised and constantly-evolving environment.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003...