Head of Powertrain Software required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading automotive business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background strategically leading and controlling the development of powertrain software? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced and highly technical engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting, technical and rewarding challenge then this is the role for you!
This position offers the opportunity to manage the software for the powertrain controllers and the suppliers required to achieve this. You will assess and feedback issues to the powertrain calibration and software team. Provide safe, secure and compliant software to enable the vehicle to meet worldwide certification, performance, driveability and fuel economy targets.
What's in it for you?
- One management lease vehicle and access to another vehicle via the Mercedes scheme.
- Up to 5% bonus potential.
- Company pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures.
- Private Health Insurance
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
- Lead and manage a team within the calibration and software department on defined software platforms, programmes as defined by Head of Calibration and Software.
- Define key software paths to allow the company to deliver competitive Powertrain solutions
- Manage and support powertrain software on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the wider team.
- Manage the progress and reporting for all Powertrain software deliverables, ensuring they meet all cost, time and quality targets.
- Be the point of contact for defined customers and suppliers to powertrain Calibration function. Define all requirements for the Powertrain Systems and validate them within the business.
- Ensure software deliverables are delivered in line with the system design specification.
- Manage and support external suppliers to achieve Software team goals.
- Define Software and software management strategy for the wider Powertrain team
- Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and program teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Support and prepare modifications to the software on future model year actions
- Manage and specify Software hardware/tools to support development activity.
- Manage the Software database for all responsible programmes.
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members.
Experience you will need:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering / Software or related discipline
- Extensive experience within an automotive vehicle manufacturer or consultancy with direct experience of delivery of software for automotive systems
- Recent direct experience of application of new technologies including Hybrid & BEV vehicles would be preferable
- Strong communicator with experience working across multiple disciplines
- Full driving license required. Must be prepared to work in the UK and Europe for business and test trips as required
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.