Randstad CPE is currently recruiting for the above to work in the East Sussex region with an immediate start.
This is a permanent role at a leading Utilities Contractor, the project includes water treatment, sewage treatment, maintenance and repairs.
Strategy & Policy:
- Assist in the development of a clear safety strategy for the business.
- Ensure all SHEQ procedures are in place to support the business needs.
- Develop internal policies and procedures to improve SHEQ performance.
- Make changes to working practices to improve safety standards.
- Advise on the assessment and appointment of sub-contractors.
- Monitor and report on performance with regard to the implementation of the company's SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Attend client and internal leadership and management review meetings.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure that a professional and competent team of advisors is in place to provide support in all SHEQ matters related to company operations.
- Monitor SHEQ advisors' inspections and give guidance and advise on any non-conformance issues to ensure compliance.
- Manage overall performance of the SHEQ team including performance management by way of completing annual reviews and producing KPI's and PDP's for the team to achieve.
Health & Safety:
- Produce risk assessments and consider how risks can be reduced.
- Investigate incidents including interviewing those involved and produce formal reports and recommendations.
- Ensure regular site inspections are undertaken to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure compliance with RIDDOR reporting requirements.
- Produce a monthly SHEQ report for the management team.
Skills & Knowledge
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (minimum)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a senior H&S management role
- Experience within the wider Construction Industry
- Chartered Member (CMIOSH)
- Experience in within the utility industry and more specific understanding of sewerage network infrastructure operations
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.