Are you looking for a new role as a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor? Are you interested in working for a global Pharmaceutical business? If so, this could be the role for you!
You will be responsible for providing support to ensure a safe and suitable working environment which is compliant with current Health & Safety and Environmental legislation. To embed a positive safety culture and best practice at all levels of the organisation for our clients sites across Burton, Weybridge and Byfleet.
This is a permanent position, working full time Monday to Friday.
- To follow, promote and enforce relevant SOPs, Job Aids, and Company policies and procedures
- Promote H&S best practices of the organisation to encourage continual improvement and reporting/action of 'near miss' situations
- To support visits by external regulatory bodies such as the UK Health and Safety Executive, as and when required
- To ensure the Group's Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are consistently implemented and embedded across the UK sites
- Develop and deliver training sessions to meet employee training needs
- Support the Company's Health and Safety committees, including arranging and attending meetings
- Support managers to maintain safe systems of work and implement best practice, including providing specialist advice and practical support as and when required
- Working with managers to prepare and carry out risk assessments; ensure that they are carried out in line with procedures and in a timely manner
- Supporting with the maintenance of Health and Safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), in a consistent and effective manner
- Supporting audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures, and identify and advise on improvements
- Supporting with the collection, storage and analysis of accident and other Health, Safety and Environmental data and to feed into monthly management reports, identify trends and recommend action and supporting our ESG agenda
- Coordinating fire safety processes to ensure legal compliance including evacuation procedures and fire prevention training
- Ensure compliance with DSE requirements
- Assist with investigation of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence, including keeping written records of the investigation and action taken
- Reporting of any notifiable accidents and incidents in compliance with HSE and RIDDOR requirements
- Liaise with Office manager with regards to any contracts and contractors on site
- Ensure all RAMS are verified prior to work is approved
- Raise all permits, inductions and any other documentation required in order to approve any work being carried out
- Keep the Office Manager well informed with all developments
- Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in a health and safety position
- Prior experience of environmental management
- Ability to deliver training
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Computer literate with good user knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to interpret Health and Safety legislation and produce written policy
- Ability to design and deliver training
- Excellent oral communication skills, including presentation and training experience
- Track record of delivering customer focused Health & Safety and Environmental services
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise and analyse data
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.