Randstad are looking for a Help Desk & Switchboard Operator to undertake a temporary contact and join the friendly and busy team at 2Gether Support Solutions. If you are looking for a varied and engaging role then this could be for you.
- Position: Help Desk and Switchboard Operator
- Location: Canterbury, Kent (Kent & Canterbury Hospital)
- Hourly rate: £9.90 + Holiday pay (rate enhancements available for weekends & bank holidays)
- Duration: 6 months+
- Hours: Shift patterns run through Mon-Sun 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm,10pm-6am. Days + Nights
- Contract type: Temporary with weekly pay through Randstad
- Randstad contact: The NHS team on 01622 357230 (option 3)
The Help Desk and Switchboard Operator's position performs a key and vital role in the smooth running of the hospitals around East Kent and centres around providing helpful and professional services.
Help Desk and Switchboard Operator's duties include:
- Providing a helpful and professional service to the national health service and its customers.
- Receiving, directing and informing callers in a timely and professional manner inline with the NHS and trust's core values.
- Responsible for paging systems, emergency and alarm calls inline with agreed policies and protocols.
- Issuing pagers to staff.
- Update telephone records.
- Maintain rosters and on-call information for the hospital.
- Receive calls to helpdesk and follow agreed procedures for recording, initiating action and response to customers.
- Liaise with departments over service centre queries.
- Arrange taxi bookings through non-patient transport.
- Maintain the out of hours car parking intercom system and report any system failures.
- Dispatch jobs departmentally to relevant services from incoming calls to the helpdesk service centre.
- Flexible approach to working due to shift pattern rotations throughout.
- Keen to learn new skills and a can do attitude.
- Telephone skills. Call Centre experience
- Customer focused and centred around providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate with customers, visitors, colleagues and management effectively.
- Able to deal with emergency and high-pressure situations in a professional and calm manner.
- Excellent I.T skills and be able to adapt to new systems.
- Knowledge of the local area and common medical terminology is an advantage.
- Previous helpdesk or switchboard experience is preferred and an advantage.
- Good level of IT skills across Microsoft office packages
- Awareness of Health and safety standards
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- 2 current proofs of address and national insurance.
- Happy to undergo relevant training.
- Access to transport will be an advantage when applying for this role due to the location of the hospital.
Why work for Randstad?
- All necessary training provided by us, with opportunities for other training and development
- Access to great discounts with top highstreet retailers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Long term work opportunities
If you are interested please click apply now or call the team on 01622 357230 Option 3 for more information!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.