Pay rate: £10.70/h (overtime rates can range from £9.55 - 19.59 depending on what shift you cover)
Shift: 7:30 AM - 8:30 PM, Monday - Friday (overtime work available)
Location: Pembury Hospital, Tunbridge Wells
Applications will not be considered if applied for after the 15th of April 2021.
The NHS have many responsibilities especially when it comes to the environment patients are staying in. While we believe all areas of the hospital to be widley used, there are likely to be void periods where the ward/room will stand empty between patients, sometimes for several weeks or longer.
This lack of use of the hot and cold water systems in such properties raises the possibility of increased levels of legionella bacteria and the associated risks from Legionnaires' disease.
A regular flushing routine at unused water outlets is one of the things the NHS can do to help control the growth and spread of the bacteria until those outlets are regularly used again.
- To complete planned routes round the hospital grounds running specific taps and flushing water tanks.
- To complete reports on any flushing duties you have completed.
- Potentially helping with other duties in the portering department, for example, transferring patients between various areas of the hospital, ensuring the safe movement of medical equipment, delivering patient notes, etc.
It is important to remember that in addition to these duties, a Hospital Porter is often a source of companionship to a frightened or stressed patient. They are good listeners who can offer sympathy and empathy. They are a reliable, dependable member of the healthcare team fulfilling important and much needed duties throughout the hospital.
Must have skills:
You must be;
- friendly and helpful
- calm and reassuring
- physically fit for lifting, walking, pushing, etc
- willing to work with staff and patients of all ages and from all walks of life
- health and safety aware
- able to follow instructions carefully
- communication skills
- organisational skills
- Must have a current Enhanced DBS Certificate or current application in process. (For an Immediate Start)
- Be willing to go through a DBS check. (For a Delayed Start)
Pay and conditions:
- Standard hours of around 37.5 a week.
- You will be paid weekly.
For more information please contact Mickayla Occhini on 01622 357 230 or apply below and we will be in touch!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.