Do you currently work in the healthcare or care sector and are currently looking for a new position in East Kent? Randstad have temporary contract roles for Housekeepers with 2Gether Support Solutions who service the East Kent Hospitals and we would really like to hear from you.
- Position: Housekeeper
- Location: Canterbury Kent (Kent & Canterbury Hospital)
- Hourly rate: £9.90 + Holiday pay (rate enhancements available for weekends & bank holidays)
- Duration: 6 months+
- Hours: 37.5hrs per week (full-time)
- Contract type: Temporary with weekly pay via Randstad
- Randstad contact: The NHS team on 01622 357230 (option 3)
The Housekeepers role is a multifaceted position which involves but won't be limited to delivering cleaning, catering and laundry services within a patient facing healthcare setting.
Housekeeper duties include:
- To ensure safety standards are maintained to the highest standard.
- Delivering excellent customer care.
- Handling food orders and ensuring customers receive meals and refreshments at regular intervals throughout the shift.
- Take responsibility for ensuring hygiene standards are maintained in serving and pot washing areas. This will also involve loading and unloading of dishwashers.
- Ensure all catering disposal areas are kept clean and empty as needed and records maintained.
- Following stock rotation system in place to make sure the correct stock is being used.
- To complete tasks requested by management on an adhoc basis.
- Movement, distribution and change of linens.
- Effectively communicate with customers and all levels of staff.
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Ability to communicate with customers, visitors, colleagues and management effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a flexible approach
- Positive and can do attitude.
- Awareness of Health and safety standards
- Relevant experience in the same or a relevant role.
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- 2 current proofs of address.
- A Standard DBS certificate (or willingness to undergo one)
- Happy to undergo relevant training including clinical and and non-clinical along with food hygiene
- Access to transport will be an advantage when applying for this role.
Why work for Randstad?
- All necessary training provided by us, with opportunities for other training and development
- Access to great discounts with top highstreet retailers
- Long term work opportunities
If you are interested please call the team on 01622 357230 Option 3 for more information or apply today!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.