I am looking for an experienced HR and Payroll Team Leader to join a reputable and well-established organisation in the heart of Birmingham Centre on a 12-18 months FTC.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist with a good understanding of the employee life cycle to join and manage a small but friendly and supportive HR team, working on different projects and be responsible for motivating individuals, team performance and ensuring successful execution of day to day HR deliverables.
You will also be responsible for all HR general related processes and projects, as well as the coordination and administration of the payroll for roughly 350 employees.
As the Team Leader you will build and maintain relationships and provide excellent HR generalist support to our internal stakeholders and across the wider HR team. You will be the point of escalation for the team providing advice and clear direction, escalating any complex queries to the relevant HR Business Partner.
- Provide support, guidance and direction on all day to day activities for the HR Administration team.
- Be the first point of contact for any employee queries via the HR inbox, phone or face to face interaction.
- Provide first line advice where applicable in relation to absence, wellbeing matters, general HR and Payroll queries.
- Management of all HR documentation, personnel files and updating of HR Systems.
- Manage and oversee the monthly payroll administration process.
- Ensure any escalated issues are handled in a timely manner and resolution is communicated effectively.
- Liaise with external stakeholders including Payroll services, Pension providers, benefits and fleet managers on regular employee contributions and deductions
- Support the implementation of HR Transformation project
- Support with employee relations cases; including taking minutes, attending investigation meetings and disciplinary hearings, preparing letters and providing any support where appropriate.
- Identify and highlight continuous process improvement within the team.
- Lead, coach and develop the HR Coordinators.
- Proven experience working in a HR function and having strong all-round generalist experience is essential.
- Good understanding of employee life cycle
- Experienced in payroll processing.
- Able to lead, develop and motivate a team.
- Sound understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, well-organised and excellent attention to detail.
- A team player with a positive attitude; strong collaborative skills; ability to influence without having direct authority.
- Proven ability to deliver against a number of conflicting demands at times.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with ability to confidently present and communicate to management.
- Ability to use Microsoft &/or Google office packages to a high level of competence.
- CIPD Level 5 or working towards.
- 9:00 AM - 17:00 PM Mon - Fri (1 hour lunch)
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office)
- £32,000 - £37,000
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Central location - great transport links
- 12-18 months FTC
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.