Have you always wanted to work in Education but never been given the chance?
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable young people?
Are you a resilient and positive individual ready to embark on a meaningful role that utilises your interpersonal skills
Open the door to a world of possibilities for students with SEN - take on the role of an inspirational Support Worker in this welcoming school.
Located near the beautiful village of Lingfield, Surrey, this Specialist School and College is seeking compassionate Support Workers to join their multi-disciplinary team. The organisation includes Therapy and Health directorates, as well as an onsite Research facility, making it a hub of innovative and holistic care.
As a Support Worker, you will contribute to the specialised education of young adults aged 19-25, primarily focusing on Epilepsy, Autism, and severe learning difficulties. The College boasts stunning grounds and state-of-the-art facilities designed to promote student confidence and independence. With the help of our friendly and skilled staff, our students are empowered to enjoy learning, thrive, and achieve their full potential.
Benefits of joining the team:
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised onsite cafe
- Access to extensive grounds
- Unique teaching approach
- Supportive management
- Continuous professional development (CPD) training opportunities
- Provide assistance to teachers based on their weekly/daily/sessional planning
- Facilitate group and/or individual activities as directed by the teacher
- Support students in their structured work across all curriculum areas and promote their general well-being
- Monitor and evaluate students' learning progress under the guidance of the teacher
- Assist teachers in implementing effective management strategies to create a purposeful learning environment
- Personal care support may be required on occasion
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with students and teachers
- Previous experience in a special school environment is desirable, but not essential
- A positive attitude and genuine passion for working with vulnerable children
- Own transport is desirable due to the location
Benefits of working with Randstad:
- Dedicated consultants available 24/7 to support you throughout your journey in the education sector
- Continuous guidance and support to help you reach your career goals
- Salary negotiation support
- Matching you with the perfect job opportunity
- Expert advice and feedback on your CV from education professionals
Is this the perfect role for you? Apply now to start your next journey!
If this position isn't the right fit for you, we also have an array of positions available in Sussex and Surrey that may be of interest. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share their contact details with us!
At Randstad Education, we prioritise child safety and compliance, ensuring that all successful candidates undergo a thorough compliance process, including an enhanced DBS check.