Exciting Interim opportunity with one of London's most renowned Local Authorities. Currently my client are in the market for an experience Disrepair Surveyor to step into the Housing Department and assist in a number of Disrepair cases. You will be apart of a wider team that focuses on Voids, Maintenance, Repairs and Disrepair and you will report to the Diagnostics Manager.
Some of the day to day responsibilities include:
- Carry out site inspections and investigations, as necessary to produce detailed specifications of works using the national schedule of rates and composite values. Prepare estimates, feasibility studies, plans, sketches and drawings as may be necessary.
- Assist the Senior Legal Repair Surveyor in the development of policies and procedures for the team.
- Work independently and manage a variable caseload.
- Be proficient in the correct diagnosis of building failures and to this end be competent in the use of devices, aids and instruments for the purpose of making assessments and diagnoses.
- Undertake quality assurance checks as and when required on repairs ordered and paid for by the Legal Repairs team.
- Have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, legal documentation and court procedures.
Essential experience required:
- Experience working within the Social Housing space
- Recent experience working with either a Local Authority or Housing Association
- In-depth knowledge and experience within Disrepair
- Experience of the Building Maintenance industry and legislation, preferably to SMSTS level.
- In-depth knowledge of current Housing regulations
For more information about this role please email me at
Still searching? Not all of our vacancies are on our website yet. We're happy to provide a tailored careers guidance service, so for the best chance of finding your ideal opportunity, get in touch with one of our specialist consultants and we will be able to support you with your job search.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business....