Exciting Interim opportunity with one of London's most renowned Local Authorities. Currently my client are in the market for an experience Repairs & Maintenance manager to step into the Housing Department and coordinate the existing team of Officers & Surveyors. This team will focus on Voids, Maintenance, Repairs and Disrepair and you will report to the Head of Service (Reactive Repairs).
Day to day repsonibilities include:
- To raise, manage, plan, organise, allocate, co-ordinate and complete works orders allocated to the team within prescribed timescales and to the approved budgets.
- To monitor, check and certify and store all legislated documentation and works orders
- To respond to colleagues regarding repairs via the Repair Operations Centre. To interrogate the computer systems and mobile working platforms to establish progress of repairs orders, liaising closely with colleagues regarding appointments and chase up and provide such information to enable repair action to take place.
- To provide technical advice to staff regarding use of all office systems with the Repairs and Maintenance and Voids remit.
- To maintain and improve, Health & Safety standards in the office environment and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements.
Essential experience required:
- An in-depth understanding of the construction industry generally and particularly the provision of a customer orientated repair and maintenance service.
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation which is applicable to the industry.
- Understanding of the need to maintain accurate records and plan, organise and complete works to predetermined deadlines and quality standards.
- An understanding of maintenance computing systems, Understanding of Northgate and Task systems an advantage.
- Experience of the Building Maintenance industry and legislation, preferably to SMSTS level.
For more information please email me at
Still searching? Not all of our vacancies are on our website yet. We're happy to provide a tailored careers guidance service, so for the best chance of finding your ideal opportunity, get in touch with one of our specialist consultants and we will be able to support you with your job search.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business....