Our client, based in East Kilbride, makes, sells and distributes some of the world's best loved non-alcoholic, ready-made beverages to over 300 million customers across 13 countries; the site in Sidcup produces over 50 million cases of drinks per year!
In this role you will work as part of our QESH Team, conducting and verifying laboratory and online testing, equipment certification, calibration and metrology as well as being a guardian for Quality on shift for product performance and site standards. This is a temporary position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Primary contact for Quality on shift
- Conducting analytical, sensory and microbiological testing procedures in a consistent manner
- Carrying out expert analyses, escalating concerns when necessary to ensure protection of QESH standards, playing a key role in investigation.
- Monitor and ensure product compliance performance, supporting the operations teams, with both hands on training and troubleshooting on shift. Conduct administration tasks on the Quality monitoring system.
- Undertaking the calibration programme to assure that key QESH measuring equipment is delivering accurate results
- Taking pride in upholding the agreed ways of working at the site to ensure the site is a great place to work and follow site safety policies and best practices to ensure safe-working for self and to protect the safety of colleagues to demonstrate zero accident behaviour including site hygiene standards
- Supporting the delivery in the implementation of the site Quality Plan.
- Supporting the Quality Manager and teams in order to ensure all Quality objectives are achieved, audit actions closed and embrace team working and flexibility in tasks allocated, to support the achievement of team/department/site objectives and own career development
- Conduct enhanced sensory testing of finished products for site with proactive testing to maintain positive release principles and ensure product conforms to expected standards with involvement in Proficiency testing and ad-hoc testing routines.
- Driving GMP standards at site, via completing audits, continual improvement initiatives, personnel interactions as well as supporting the education within laboratory peers and wider teams.
- To write and develop laboratory procedures, conduct training and verification against these within the laboratory, ensuring training records are maintained and presentable.
- To control the non conformance process on shift, initiating control measures as well as data capture and providing a preliminary investigation to the Quality Manager. Ensure learnings are shared across the shifts.
- To play a key role in Root Cause Analysis for all blocked stock incidents and out of specification parameters for Micro, coupled with the implementation of Conditions for Success in Micro.
Skills & Essentials:
- Experience of working in a FMCG environment
- Practical experience and understanding of Quality Assurance principles with good project management /organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of systems, in particular Microsoft Office
- Good microbiology understanding is beneficial and/or proven experience in this field
- Qualification in HACCP beneficial (level 3 and above)
- Experience in analytical testing, working to ISO standards.
Pay Rate: £23.64 per hour after 12 weeks increases to £30.14
Successful candidates will be given a comprehensive induction and full training. Other benefits include;
- Weekly pay
- Ongoing contract
- Accrue paid holidays
- Access to benefits scheme which includes 100's of high street discounts and much more!
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed? If so then apply today.
Our client wants to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. They know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of their Company's long-term success.
We believe that equal opportunities means inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.