Laboratory Project Manager (EU) required to join an industry leading, global raw material business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of carbon / graphene technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling research and development activities? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced R&D environment on a local and global scale? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
This position offers the opportunity to lead the coordination of external laboratories across Europe. The main activities will be in Manchester, but also will support research in Germany. You will be the project lead for product development and research initiatives conducted with partners, laboratories, and clients located in Europe. You will provide project and administrative support to laboratories.
- Liaison between global R&D and Product Teams located across the world, and laboratories/research facilities contracted in Europe and clients' R&D teams located in Europe.
- Responsible for internal graphene and graphene application research in our facilities within the GEIC in Manchester.
- Connection with Graphene companies, R&D centers, laboratories, and universities in Europe studying Graphene and its applications.
- Coordination of external research groups at the GEIC and similar in EU.
- Technical contact and leadership of trials with clients located in Europe.
- Administration of local contracts (billing, sample shipment, etc.)
- Track record in R&D positions of large/multinational chemical companies, and a strong technical background in nanomaterials, carbon materials, and/or graphene.
- Preference for candidates with a Chemical Industry background, with a preference for candidates with research background in Graphene.
- Background in Material Engineering or Systems Engineering.
- Solid experience leading external laboratories and multi-project/research platforms.
- Solid experience leading research teams, technicians, and researchers from multiple companies/origins.
- Working experience in administering external laboratories and research contracts.
- Preference for candidates with technical application/sales experience.
- Preference for candidates with formal Project Management experience.
- High energy, engagement, and resilience (will work on a startup)
- Customer-centric spirit
- Analytical and technically creative
- Open for travel 30% - 40% of the year.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.