Have you previously been employed as a Learning Support Assistant or Teaching Assistant with a focus on Special Educational Needs children? Would you like to make an impact with a pupil who really needs your support to have the best chance of an education and a future? If the answer is yes then read on!
At Randstad Education, we are working closely with a primary school in the Havering borough who are looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant, to work on a 2:1 basis with a pupil in Year 6. This particular pupil is a boy who has ASD alongside behavioural difficulties. The school are looking for someone who can support him in his learning and become a positive role model for him.
The school are looking for applicants who have worked in this capacity previously in a school or similar setting. Previous experience of working with young people with ASD would be hugely advantageous.
- Autism and other training opportunities exist throughout the school
- Competitive salary
- Great public transport links to the school
- You will work in conjunction with another LSA as a team
- Ensure you follow the timetable the child has been set from the SEN department of the school
- Working in tandem with another LSA to deliver and support in lessons
- Attend regular training and meetings to share details of the child's progress and update learning and development records
- Work with other specialists and outside agencies who provide additional support
- Previous experience of working with children who have ASD and challenging behaviour, either through a mainstream or special needs school setting
- Recent SEND training or a work placement where SEND experience was gained
- Any qualifications to work with SEND children
If you would be interested in hearing more about this or any other role we are currently recruiting for, please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 01245 260100. Thanks!