Are you open to a new challenge and an opportunity to support and inspire students? We are looking for experienced tutors with a background in supporting students with specific learning disabilities.
We are looking for individuals who have the experience, interest and enthusiasm to provide one-to-one academic support for students. You will support students through their academic careers, helping them to overcome their barriers to learning, and will ultimately make a real difference to their university lives and future career paths.
We are looking for support workers to help students at universities in Liverpool. We have a long-term relationship with these universities and work alongside them to provide specialist support to students with disabilities. You will be joining a team of other independent support workers to support students across the different campuses of each university.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks!
- Competitive hourly pay rate
- Working for the UK's largest non-medical help support provider
You will be expected to:
- Provide individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
- Support students in time management, assignment planning, research and comprehension skills, etc.
- Set clear aims and objectives with students and support students to meet these objectives
- Work closely with Randstad to ensure any concerns are addressed in a timely manner
- Act professionally and in a confidential manner within your role at all times
This is a specialist role, so it is essential you hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS)
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Dyslexia Guild
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
If you feel this is the opportunity for you and have the desire to make a real difference, then please apply online today.Randstad Student & Worker Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Student & Worker Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.