- Job title Customs Dispute Coordinator
- Salary: £11.79 per hour
- Contract Length: 6 months
- Start Date: Immediate
We are currently recruiting for a customs dispute coordinator to join the busy customs clearance and disputes team of a national logistics company in Coventry. Due to the lack of certainty around Brexit this role will be pivotal in supporting the existing team to deal with customs disputes.
- To handle post clearance customs import queries.
- Support, educate, update, resolve and direct queries in relation to HMR & customs duty & taxes
- Ensure decisions are made in the best interests of the customer and the company whilst limiting financial and legal exposure.
- To hit agreed KPI and feedback internally on business improvement opportunities
- Make decisions based on clearly defined criteria and escalate others as appropriate to senior members.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with defined company processes and procedures, relevant legislation and external regulations, and predefined agreements.
- Ensure required approvals are sought throughout processes, notifying management of any non-compliance issues as they arise.
- Work closely with the team and other departments to ensure accuracy of information and completion of processes to deadline
- Stay in contact with customers, vendors or employees, to investigate or resolve issues as required
- Uses appropriate communication methods to understand and share information with customers, team members and other departments.
- Knowledge of customs regulations a process is essential due to the complex nature of the role
- Ability to plan and organise your own work to ensure KPI's and deadlines are met
- Ability to follow defined steps within a process
- Good customer orientation with the ability to understand and translate requirements into focused solutions
- Basic persuasion and influencing skills
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to evaluate and interpret procedures/requirements and determine the correct action
- Good judgement and reasoning skills
- Salary £23,000
- Possible work from home opportunity
- Central location great transport links
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone....