Maintenance Person - Permanent - £20k per annum
My client is looking for a reliable, fit, dynamic and positive maintenance person who is also competent to carry out driving tasks and work on occasion independently at other local sites. This provides an excellent opportunity to join the Service Team in Marchwood, Southampton. This position is for 30 hrs per week. Two roles are required:
- Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday 7.5 hrs per day - alternating 0800 - 1600 and 0900 - 1700hrs.
- Salary - £20k per annum
Essential skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Basic Plumbing including replacement of taps / radiators and clearance /replacement of wastewater pipes inc blocked toilets.
- Painting and decorating, filling and minor plastering
- Electrical awareness so that you can become familiar with building electrical safe isolation points and have basic understanding of what contractors are doing when carrying out planned maintenance tasks.
- Planned maintenance tasks such as shower head cleaning, fire and water temperature testing.
- Experienced in dealing with COSHH substances, H&S rules especially around manual handling and working at heights. You should have the ability to assess basic tasks and evaluate risk completing risk assessments.
- You will be fit and have the ability to carry out a portage roll involving some heavy lifting and desk moves and be competent in manual handling techniques.
- A knowledge of IT including the use of MS Office and you will also be able to resolve onsite networking (connection of PCs to the network and printers) and PC issues in conjunction with the IT Helpdesk.
- You will used to managing contractors and would have provided site inductions to contractors in the past to ensure that they comply with our safety arrangements on site.
- Willing to take maintenance calls out of hrs and attend site to rectify problems although this is not a common occurrence and paid as overtime.
- A competent driver with a full licence
- A good timekeeper, polite and with good customer facing experience.
- DBS check will be required
Useful skills but not essential:
- You will have experienced carrying out water and fire checks, being very diligent in that role.
- Previous grounds maintenance experience, gardening and awareness of various plant and tree habitats - you will be expected to perform gardening and ground maintenance work as part of the role.
If you have relevant experience, are interested in the role and would like more information, please send over a CV with updated contact details and we will be in contact with you ASAP. Alternatively you can call Dani on01489 560 180
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.