Maintenance Technician required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Do you have a background strategically supporting and maintaining test / lab equipment. Do you have experience and knowledge of technical investigations and supporting improvements to equipment and processes? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
As a maintenance technician you will play a key role in a team of dedicated technicians / engineers who support the Emissions Measurement Services department in a dedicated state of the art Research & Development Centre in Peterborough.
The primary focus of the role is the installation, servicing, calibration, and repair of our fleet of emissions measurement equipment, this will include assisting engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future emissions measurement technologies and processes in a laboratory environment.
Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
This is a shift position including early and late shifts (no nights) More information available upon application.
- Practical, hands-on responsibility for evaluating and deploying measurement equipment
- Operating measurement equipment and conducting diagnostic investigations
- Equipment evaluation and collation/distribution of findings
- Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of emissions measurement equipment
- Modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment
- Evaluating new products and processes in the emissions measurement discipline
- Provide first line breakdown cover which will include shift work (including some weekends)
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Strong team working skills to assist engineers in technical investigations and processes.
- Strong Customer focus.
- High Work Standards
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to use own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and schematics / follow written instruction.
- A focus on Safety must always remain a priority.
- Either qualified through a technical apprenticeship with electro-mechanical bias or equivalent extensive industry experience
- The capacity for continuous learning and sharing knowledge with peers
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
- Experience in maintaining measurement equipment / instrumentation would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
Desirable experience however comprehensive training will be given in these areas:
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis techniques and permanent corrective actions.
- Previous experience and theoretical knowledge of gaseous measurement systems (AVL/Horiba or similar) to include calibration/maintenance/fault finding.
- Previous experience and theoretical knowledge of Particulate Mass and Particle Number instruments (Sierra BG3 or similar) to include calibration/maintenance/fault finding.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.