Are you an experienced Manufacturing Engineer Technician? Are you looking to work in a leading manufacturing company, that puts people and safety first?
We may have the perfect role for you!
As a Manufacturing Engineer Technician you will provide day to day support to the production assembly teams for all products built at Building Construction Products, Stockton. You will assist in the update, development & documentation of assembly processes for optimum safety & efficiency in line with Caterpillar Production System Guiding Principles, across the product range.
- On-going assignment with the potential for permanent employment should the opportunity arise.
- A dedicated Randstad Team based on-site, ready to assist and support you
- Regular Performance reviews and recognition schemes
- Candidate surveys - we value your opinions and welcome your feedback to shape our service
- A full induction and ongoing, professional training
- Auto Pension scheme enrolment
- Day shift - £17.58
Create and update Standard Work in line with Standard Work Audit results, Quality and Safety related issues. Produce instructions to Caterpillar Production System & ISO9001 standards for assembly processes, to support New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
- Investigate and implement corrective actions raised through continuous improvement cards.
- Create and update assembly routings.
- Support creation of risk assessments and lift plans to drive safety improvements in new & current processes.
- Support proactive process improvement process through Failure Mode Effect Analysis.
- Coach and train new team members in process documentation.
- Support the development of new / replacement tooling which includes jigs and fixtures.
- Investigate, implement and close NPI build issues raised during various stages of the NPI process.
- Adhere to the company's Health & Safety policy and safe working practices.
- Adhere to Caterpillar's Values in Action: Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, and Teamwork
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and CREO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to liaise with all levels of the organisation and external Suppliers.
- The ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives.
- Previous experience of creating / updating Standard Work documents
- Previous experience of creating lift plan documents.
- The ability to train and coach members of the production team.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- The ability to organise and manage your own workload.
- CPS Green Belt trained.
- HNC manufacturing related discipline