Manufacturing Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of off highway machine technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling the manufacture and assembly of components and systems? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
The advanced components manufacturing group provides drivetrain components to machine plants. The Springvale facility, Belfast specialises in Axle and Transmission production. Complex mechanical and hydraulic systems are integrated during the assembly process and are put through a series of performance and durability tests prior to shipment to the receiving location. Continuous improvements and product enhancements are being made on a regular basis and present many challenges to the accurate testing of these units.
Due to increased business requirements we have a vacancy at the Springvale facility for a Manufacturing Engineer key responsibilities include:
- Lead the introduction of new products and processes
- Provide support to the production team to meet Safety, Quality, Velocity and Cost Targets.
- Identify, define and implement process quality and process design steps in line with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- Identify, purchase and co-ordinate the installation of tooling, equipment, machinery and capital expenditure projects
- Ensure that Design for Manufacture and Assembly principles are applied through the product development process
- Interface with the product group(s) & customer representatives to ensure the customer's technical requirements are translated into the manufacturing processes
- Ensure new product and process implementations meet safety requirements
- Ensure accurate new product costing through BOM and routing accuracy
- Co-ordinate and implement complex engineering changes
- A degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Successful candidates will also have significant experience in a manufacturing engineering role which should include:
- introducing new products into a manufacturing environment
- the ability to read engineering drawings
- project management experience; with the introduction of new products and complex engineering changes
- Successful candidates will be computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Experience and knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing practices and APQP
- Experience of SAP or another MRP/ERP system.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.