Randstad are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer for a client based in Ryde on the Isle of Wight. They are responsible for making power supplies for the Aerospace and Defence industries and are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
- To support manufacturing in achievement of quality, cost and delivery targets. Support production with issues as they arise and conduct root cause corrective action in a timely manner to drive improvements in the manufacturing process and designs to support repeatability in manufacturing.
- Work closely with the manufacturing and engineering team to identify and implement continuous improvement activities across all manufacturing and test areas to drive productivity improvements. Support engineering in the NPI and DFM processes to ensure new products are designed in accordance with manufacturing strategy.
- Support resolution of manufacturing issues through effective root cause corrective action in a timely manner
- Develop and purchase manufacturing tooling in conjunction with mechanical engineering
- Where required act as the interface between engineering and manufacturing on engineering issues
- Management of ERP routings and creation and maintenance of Manufacturing Data Packs
- Creation and maintenance of company manufacturing process specifications (codes of practice)
- Provide manufacturing data, technical expertise and support
- Represent manufacturing at the change review board and give constructive feedback to engineering change
- Review current manufacturing processes and use lean tools and methods to highlight areas for improvement
- Support the change to a continuous improvement culture within the manufacturing environment
- Hold product mapping sessions and value stream mapping to improve manufacturing lead time and productivity
- Develop visual process management
- Design of manufacturing cells for existing and new product introduction
- Analyse variance, scrap and rework data to identify and implement improvements
- Support development of total preventative maintenance across the site
New Product Introduction
- Contribute to the NPI/DFM processes to ensure new products are designed to optimum manufacturing process
- Make recommendations for make vs. buy on new designs
- Prepare component and assembly cost estimates to support financial decisions required to evaluate new business opportunities
- Any other duties as required by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of surface mount and electronics manufacturing
- Experience of 5S, Lean Six Sigma and implementation of continuous improvement methods
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing engineer or similar role
- Computer literate, proficient with a wide range of software packages.
- Background in manufacturing practices
- Ability to translate complex electro-mechanical drawings into manufacturing instruction
- Ability to analyse problems and develop solutions
- Use of ERP and other systems to maintain manufacturing data
- Pro-active and self-motivated to identify and prioritise own workload
- Highly driven individual to own issues all the way through to resolution
- Tenacious attitude to delivering change
- Team player with great communication and organisation skills
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Degree qualified or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience in the use of CAD software
- Implementation of capital purchase projects
The salary for this position is £30,000-£35,000.
If you are interested, please make an application and I will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.