Material Planner required on a 6 month FTC basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.
Do you have a background strategically controlling and expediting the flow of materials and components? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing / production / assembly environment? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
You will be responsible for the planning and expediting material for a designated group of suppliers to ensure the right material arrives at the point of fit at the right time, whilst ensuring that inventory levels are kept to a minimum in line with set targets.
- Assess & take necessary action re shortage & material at risk reports (trial kits) on a daily basis and feed back information to Product Leader, i.e. re-dating orders and pulling in material as necessary to support build.
- Communicate with designated suppliers on a daily basis in order to expedite material in to support right first time build and hold out unnecessary material to control inventory levels.
- Run & take necessary action re due & overdue report contacting suppliers.
- Review Kanban board daily to ensure correct material expedited in and orders re-dated and cards moved if necessary in conjunction with Goods In.
- Ensure that forecasts and Kanban/ROP order triggers support the build plan before sending out to suppliers.
- Develop and implement inventory improvement policies which support right first time build whilst at the same time controlling the level of inventory ie sequencing/improved packaging/ Kanbans etc. - changing system parameters as required and communicating same to respective suppliers.
- Expedite material to support stock plan using line load/forecast/spread sheets/due & overdue reports etc.
- Conduct physical inventory checks on high value & critical components to understand accuracy and ensure continuity of supply.
- Attend meetings as needed, i.e. new product introductions.
- Investigate the cause of shortages & liaise with the Lean Team & other affected areas of the business.
- Review and action e-mails daily as well as action share point queries daily.
- 5S audit work area & maintain required standard, ensure zero shortages & overdues orders on product line.
- Proven experience in a material control role.
- Good understanding of MRP and other planning systems kanban.
- Project management skills, including the ability to produce and work to timing plans.
- Understanding of modern material control processes.
- Knowledge of TMS/Oracle preferred but not essential.
- Be able to take responsibility for resolution of issues.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and externally.
- Be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Possess good analytical skills and have the ability to think creatively
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work under pressure and to time constraints and use own initiative to solve problems.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.