About Us: Randsatd are currently seeking a talented M&E Quantity Surveyor to join our client's team and contribute to the successful delivery of a £22 million station redevelopment project. The project involves the construction of a brand new station building and an enlarged ticket hall, doubling the size of the existing hall.
Position Overview: As an M&E Quantity Surveyor, you will be a crucial part of the project team, responsible for managing the financial aspects related to mechanical and electrical (M&E) services. This role offers a unique opportunity to be involved in a high-profile project that will significantly impact local infrastructure.
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and contractors to ensure effective cost management of M&E services.
- Prepare accurate and detailed estimates for M&E works, considering materials, labor, and equipment costs.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with M&E suppliers and subcontractors.
- Monitor M&E project costs and provide regular financial reports to the project team.
- Assess and manage variations in M&E works, ensuring they align with project goals and budget.
- Stay informed about industry trends, regulations, and cost-saving measures related to M&E services.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an M&E Quantity Surveyor, ideally within the construction industry.
- Familiarity with M&E systems, equipment, and installation processes.
- Strong knowledge of M&E contracts and procurement methods.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation abilities.
- Proficient in the use of relevant software, such as Excel and project management tools.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth within a dynamic organisation.
- Involvement in a high-profile project that will shape the local community.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.