Are you an experienced fitter looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you live within a commutable distance of Llanwern? This is a great opportunity so don't miss out!
The job holder will be responsible for mechanical maintenance, refurbishment and repair of mechanical equipment within the Manufacturing Engineering function for support of process lines, this role will see you maintaining equipment such as lathes and tooling that other fitters may use.
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Health, Safety and Environmental performance adhering to the works IMS procedures and PPE instructions / procedures and facilitating the team safety meetings.
- Undertake safe operation of equipment and machines within the Manufacturing Engineering workshops.
- Repair mechanical items to a high standard from existing drawings to the expected delivery period.
- Assist with development of designs for manufacture of process line and safety improvements.
- Undertake repairs and refurbishments of existing equipment.
- Take an active role in CI, maintaining and improving safety and housekeeping standards within the Manufacturing Engineering Workshops.
- Undertake Zone Safety audits at a given frequency as per Safety Sub Plan.
- Undertake Risk assessments and LOLERs for activities to be undertaken.
The candidate must be time served fitter.He/she must have good communications skills. The candidate must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team. He/she must possess good risk awareness when planning and undertaking tasks, and be able to challenge those who do not.
If you would like to apply for this position you can either submit your CV to this advert or you can give me a call on my landline which is 01489 560132 (Ask for Connor)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.