We require Site Project Engineers with considerable site experience to support the North and South regions respectively with focus on short duration Core reactive maintenance works, reporting to the Project Hub Manager.
Individual project values will typically range between £10k - £100k. Each Site Project Engineer is likely to support delivery of numerous short duration reactive maintenance works from initial site attendance and evaluation with supply chain thorough to site management of delivery phase.
Providing whole life oversight and accountability for the successful completion of Maintenance Projects and Services, through design, procurement, assembly, commissioning, and handover as required
Ensure the supply chain remain compliant with both the Framework Management Plan, Framework HASEMP, and all Site-specific agreed documents
Working closely with the Supply Chain Manager monitor Performance of the strategic supply chain who will deliver approximately 100% of the works in years 1-2, and work with all parties to ensure any performance improvement plans are developed and actions closed out
Provide Leadership to create a safety culture to ensure Zero LTI and RIDDOR Incidents.
Ensure a commercial focus with a high level of challenge on project scope and choosing efficient delivery strategies, whilst identifying waste and ensuring value for money solutions
Ensure that all stakeholders within MSP and United Utilities are engaged and supportive of the works and services and their potential impacts
Ensure all work activities and services comply fully with United Utilities governance processes, obtaining necessary approvals
Ensure consistent and reliable reporting of project/services performance into the MSP systems to create a single version of the truth, and report progress & performance into the Hub.
Ensure key risks are identified early, and mitigated where possible, with issues and blockers escalated immediately to the stakeholders and the Hub.
- Report Core works performance SHEQ, Time and Cost.
- Striving to identify and then deliver efficiencies
- Work closely with HUB Operations and as applicable Design Manager, Temporary Works Coordinator and Lifting AP to ensure efficient use of resources, framework efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Identify blockers/issues and ensure that a solution is developed to resolve, and immediately escalate where out of your area of control or influence.
- 100% SHEQ compliance with the Framework Core HASEMP, and compliance with the Framework Management plan
- Provide challenge, innovation & solutions for continuous improvement.
- Work in close collaboration with colleague's, teams and clients forming supportive and positive, open relationships.
- Acting as PCW, arranging handover of the sites from UU operations to the contractor.
- Stakeholder management both internal and external
- Management of United Utilities customers impacted by the works where applicable
- Skills, knowledge, and experience of CDM and Construction Management in the capacity of Principle Contractor
- Skills, knowledge, and experience of CDM and Design in both the capacity of Principle Designer (or CDM-C) and designer.
- Strong Site Management Skills
- Strong Technical understanding of Water and Waste water treatment and M&E equipment therein.
- Strong People and Leadership Skills
- Strong Contract Awareness
- Good problem-solving skills, able to provide solutions
- Able to prioritise and reprioritise tasks
- Good understanding of site delivery and buildability
- Track record of delivery of project portfolios
- Solid commercial, financial and analytical skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to be able to respond rapidly to unexpected events, having the ability to develop creative solutions to problems
- Proven track record of managing different contractual arrangements, competitive tender/partnering/frameworks
Qualifications and Training:
- 5 - 10 years experience preferably in the water industry in a multi-project delivery role
- HNC/HND or degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- SMSTS qualification
- Association of Project Management (APM) Introductory Certificate
Note; This role requires candidates to be on an out of hours On Call rota. This is for a 7 day period and typically once every 20 week. Skills / Qualifications:HNC/HND or engineering degree, SMSTS, Association of Project Management (APM).
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.