Do you have experience within the mental health sector? Are you looking for flexible working roles? Then look no further...
Randstad Student & Worker support are looking for individuals to provide specialist mentor support to students studying at University, starting from September 2021.
We provide support to students who have disabilities/mental health conditions who require support through their studies in higher education.
As a specialist mentor you would help students to become more independent, confident learners so that they can improve their skills at university and to take these skills into their life after university also.
You would tailor sessions to suit specific individual needs and you would work with an individual learning plan to encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Flexible working hours (you choose your own working schedule)
- A mix of both working on campus and also online (dependant on student need / circumstances)
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata (most workers using this in the academic holiday periods)
- £28 per hour plus holiday pay at £3.38ph (total £31.38ph)
You will help your students with:
- Time Management
- Assignment Planning
- Enhancing social skills and confidence
- Developing skills for managing academic stress
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
As this is a specialist role, you must hold a professional membership with one of the following organisations:
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Individual or Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) - Under a member institution
- British Psychological Society Chartered Member (CPsychol)/ Graduate Member (MBPsS) AND also PG qualification in Psychology or Mental Health
- Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Accredited Member
- Federation of Drugs & Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
- National Counsellor Accreditation Certificate (NCAC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Psychiatry
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (Arts Therapist/ Occupational Therapist/ Practitioner Psychologist/ Social worker in England)
- Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP) Accredited Member
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) - Mental Health Nurse/ community Mental Health nurse / Psychiatric Nurse.
- Social worker body for Scotland SSSC/ Wales CCWales/ NI (NISCC)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Full Clinical Individual Member
- University Mental Health Advisors Network (UMHAN) Member at Accredited Practitioner level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
Please apply online if this sounds like the perfect role for you!Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.