Are you a mental health nurse interested in developing your nursing career? Do you feel your passion and experience could help provide care to those in crisis? A Carlisle based crisis team are looking for a mental health nurse to join their dynamic and forward thinking team. As a mental health nurse working within a crisis team you would be required to use your professional judgment in taking appropriate steps to decide upon the best treatment for someone in a state of crisis due to complex or serious mental health difficulties.
Working as a mental health nurse within the crisis team will require you to work on a full time basis with a variety of shift patterns which can be worked on a flexible basis. The role as a mental health nurse is to cover a vacancy, long term with in the team, and will likely run until April 2019 with the possibility of an extension.
Working for Randstad has many fantastic benefits such as:
- A unique app which allows you to manage your shifts at the click of a button
- Competitive pay rates of up to £35 per hour
- Specialised in house training which counts towards NMC revalidation
- A Randstad employee app offering fabulous discounts in shops & restaurants
As a mental health nurse working within a crises team your duties would include:
- Making home visits or community visits to a person who is in a crisis, example, suicide attempt or a state of psychosis
- Making visits to hospital if someone is going on leave or being discharged
- Assessing the needs of the individual and deciding the next steps, offering support to help you stay at home, or leave hospital more quickly
- assist with self-help strategies
- administering medication
- provide practical help, for example with money, housing or childcare arrangements
- helping to plan future care to someone who has had a crisis to prevent this happening again in future
- Carrying out urgent mental health assessments to those in a state of crisis
- Discharging those who no longer require the service when appropriate
- Working closely with local authority when needed
- Making referrals over to other services when necessary
As a potential candidate you will be registered with NMC and have a qualification as a Mental Health Nurse. If you feel you meet this criteria then we'd love to hear from you!
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, We offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place, subject to Ts and Cs.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have then please contact Sarah on: 0191 211 1382 or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.