Are you looking for a new role as a Molecular Biology Technician? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
This role is for a Molecular Biology Technician within the Bioengineering team. As a Technician in the Bioengineering team you will be tasked with supporting the team activities for our client.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Routine testing of cells on various materials
- Maintenance of mammalian cells lines including stem cells
- Performing various molecular based assays
- Shared responsibility for out-of-hours cell culture maintenance
- Expansion, culturing and banking of cells
- Preparation of cell culture reagents and media
- Tracking of consumables stock levels and reagents
- Adherence of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Recording all data produced in an electronic laboratory notebook system
- Day-to-day housekeeping of dedicated laboratories
- General ad-hoc duties as required to support the departmental and organisation requirements
- A degree/ technical degree in Life sciences, Biology, Biomedical science, or equivalent experience in related fields.
- Experienced in culturing mammalian cells and working under aseptic conditions
- Experience of testing materials with mammalian cells and appropriate assays
- Comfortable with routine day-to-day role
- Ability to prepare reagents, stock solutions and media for laboratory processes
- Ability to follow, execute and log detailed protocols
- Good numeracy and communication skills
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems
- Familiar with a range of instruments associated with molecular biological analysis
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary laboratory
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.