MySQL DBA / MySQL Database Consultant
*Fantastic career opportunity with world class R&D led client
Perm - Oxford - £50-65k+ neg plus great bens and career progression
We have a world class and award winning client, currently disrupting their Sector with a number of cutting edge /market shaping products, and looking for a real MySQL Database Guru who matches their love of technology, data and innovation..?
As an already experienced MySQL DBA you will already have great MySQL DBA and Data Science skills and will be looking for a new role to really challenge and excite you..
Core skills needed:
We are looking for an experienced MySQl DBA able to help to deliver into production a solid, stable and scalable, who is able to work in an entrepreneurial culture, helping to make sure key projects and new products can be delivered on time..
* Energetic, solution focused MySQL DBA with experience incorporating tens to hundreds of devices to central servers on multiple client sites and integrating with inhouse data storage a facilities.
* Maximizing the accessibility and scalability of high load database designs
* Very security aware.
* Developing a strategy for scaling the central database for 100s of devices across dozens of sites, without losing access speed for internal research
* Develop scripts for database management, including data archiving, deletion, consistency checking, merging of separate instances.
* Must have exceptional Database design, implementation and administration (MySQL essential, further SQL variants strongly preferred)
* Flexible, team orientated and adaptable to changing needs
* Additional alternative database technologies (NoSQL, file and object based)
* Highly distributed systems with database updates from multiple devices Writing business logic and APIs for database abstraction.
* Knowledge of MariaDB
* Experience of Clusters, especially Galera
This is an urgent role to start ASAP/ Initial telephone interview request with 48-72 hours.
Fantastic salary and working culture to £65 (70k) +
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.