Randstad have a new temporary role for 2Gether Support Solutions working within the East Kent Hospitals. If you are someone that has an interest in healthcare and serving your community this may be the right role for you.
- Position: Waste Porter
- Location: Canterbury, Kent (Kent and Canterbury Hospital)
- Hourly rate: £9.90 + Holiday pay (rate enhancements for weekends and bank holidays)
- Duration: 6 months+
- Hours: 16 per week
- Contract type: Temporary with weekly pay through Randstad
- Randstad contact: The NHS team on 01622 357230 (option 3)
The Waste Porter information:
The Portering team at 2Gether Support Solutions are seeking to recruit a Porter to ensure that all hospital refuse and controlled waste is transported safely and securely to designated waste compounds using vehicles and controlled tug plant/machinery.
- Collection of clinical, domestic and recyclable waste from wards and departments.
- Ensure all waste is segregated into the appropriate areas within the waste compounds.
- Ensure the waste compound is maintained as a clean, safe working environment and secure.
- Movement of commercial sized waste bins.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a flexible approach
- Customer service skills are essential
- Health and safety awareness
- Good communication with management, departments and patients.
- Ability to prioritise depending on the needs of the service.
- Relevant experience in the same or a similar role is desirable but not essential.
- Drivers Licence is essential.
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- 2 current proofs of address.
- A Enhanced DBS certificate (or willingness to undergo one)
- Happy to undergo relevant non-clinical training.
- Access to transport will be an advantage when applying for this role.
Why work for Randstad?
- All necessary training provided by us, with opportunities for other training and development
- Access to great discounts with top highstreet retailers
- Long term work opportunities
If you are interested please click apply now or call the team on 01622 357230 (option 3) for more information!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.