Job title: Design Engineer - Renewable Energy Sector
Location: Leeds - (Flexible WFH)
Benefits: Competitve Salary £70k+ DOE, Private healthcare, Bonuses, Remote working
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Power System Design Engineer to join our client who specialises in the renewable energy sector. This position will be working from home/ office and client based as and when required by client needs.
- Stringent analysis of the present network to identify the challenges faced and to reengineer the electrical scheme to meet the techno / commercial / regulatory needs, in As-Is condition, at all voltage levels from LV to EHV.
- Design of adequate electrical schemes for futuristic networks including constraint analysis and operation with infusion of DER etc.
- Carrying out important System Studies namely Load flow and fault level analysis, Protection Coordination, Load Related Network Reinforcement, Demand Forecasting, Voltage stability etc.
- Analysing / Interpreting the results of the power system simulation software, appropriate for design electrical schemes
- Prepare the technical design of the futuristic network along with the drawings and the specifications.
- Summarizing the results of all analytical studies and preparation of technical report
- Establish logistic evidence for Investment plan
- Deliberation of the technical design, drawings, detailed specification etc. with the customers for acceptance or to understand any deviations to match the local needs. The job done shall be moderated to include the suggestions and finalise the techno economic proposal.
- Experience working as a design engineer/manager for a DNO in EHV systems or HV/LV systems will be given high weightage
- Preparation of Technical design reports for Distribution sector (LV up to EHV/132kV).
- Working knowledge of Transmission and distribution system including network protection & Re-Enforcement schemes.
- Conducting power systems studies namely Load flow and fault analysis etc. deploying standard and reputed power system evaluation tools. Experience in using a power flow modelling tool such as IPSA, DINIS, PSSE etc will be beneficial.
- Analysis of Power Systems studies results and validating them with the historical and ground network / assets performance parameters.
- Familiarity with creating technical options and corresponding commercial options for the end customers of DNOs
- Good communication skills with leadership qualities for team working culture, ability to generate techno economic reports with apt writing skills.
- Minimum of at least 5 years+ experience in a similar position
- UK DNO'S IS A MUST
For further information please contact Adam Shutt on 01489 560 126
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.