Position: Primary EAL Teachers
Required: July 2021 or January 2022
Salary: B$3500-5500 per month, tax free
Experience: 3+ years
Sponsorship: Single teachers, teaching couples, married/de facto couples (non-teaching partner), families
Contract: 1.5-2 years
Applications are now open for Primary teachers to join one of our most highly-recommended education projects in either July 2021 or January 2022. Our partner in this project is one of the top 20 charities in the UK, providing a large number of teachers annually to support Brunei in their bilingual education policy.
The Bruneian government has a strong focus on continually refining its curriculum to fit the needs of its citizens in a competitive global economy, ensuring that all students finish school with fluent English language skills. Teachers working in Brunei are assigned to Primary state schools to teach English and help mentor Bruneian teachers.
This is a well-established project, with 30 years of success behind it. Teachers are well-supported by a dedicated welfare team, offered spacious housing beyond what we see in most other international opportunities, provided extensive professional development opportunities, and compensated well. It's a particularly perfect opportunity for families - with high-quality international school tuition provided for children - but equally great for independent teachers looking to explore.
Brunei is a fantastic place to live: a modern wealthy country with plentiful amenities, beautiful beaches, and amazing travel destinations on its doorstep. Ecotourism is blossoming in Brunei and there are plenty of national parks to explore. Not only is this an opportunity to help shape the bilingual education of this wonderful country, but a chance to live in one of the most extraordinary parts of the world.
- Applications accepted from UK, Ireland, Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa.
- Degree qualified teacher: B.Ed or Bachelor + PGCE / teaching certification
- 3 years post qualifying teaching experience.
- Some experience must cover young learners (5 - 6 years of age), or you must be confident teaching literacy at this level.
- EAL teaching experience is preferred. Holding a TEFL certificate is desirable, but training will be provided.
- You must be under 55 years of age due to Brunei government regulations.
- A driving license is also required, as you will need to travel by car to school.
- B$3500-5500 per month, tax free
- Spacious accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Subsidised health insurance
- Subsidised tuition for dependent children
- Contract completion bonus
- Return flights for teacher and dependents
- Interest-free car loan
- Professional development opportunities