Primary SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you an adaptable, caring and enthusiastic individual wanting to support children within a mainstream primary school? Do you have a passion for helping children to reach their full potential? Then we want to hear from you!
We currently require a highly motivated and engaging teaching assistant to provide 1:1 support for a child with additional needs in a KS1 class within a mainstream primary school in north Leeds. It is a full time, term time only role but could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
Benefits of working with Randstad Education:
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training, including safeguarding
- Access to a 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it
- Supporting a child in completing day to day tasks around the classroom and with their learning
- Working in a classroom with children with a variety of needs.
- Engaging with the children and promoting positive behaviour.
- Supporting the teacher with behaviour management.
As a successful teaching assistant you will have-
- Experience of working with children in primary school.
- Experience of supporting a class teacher to promote positive behaviour.
- Some knowledge of the KS1 and primary curriculum.
- The ability to communicate and work as part of a team within the school.
We are proud to support a range of schools across West Yorkshire, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.