'Why did the teacher wear sunglasses to school? Because their students were so bright!'
If you're a cool primary class teacher who enjoys teaching top grade pupils then this is the role for you!
On behalf of an excellent International School in Haikou, China, Teachanywhere are looking for a Primary Teacher for a January 2022 start. If you have experience teaching from Year 1 to Year 6 then read on!
This top level international school combines over 400 years of educational excellence with a modern approach and first-rate facilities. They build on the successes of their partner schools in England and Thailand and provide a full and well-rounded approach to education, which not only prioritises academic achievement but also helps to bring out the best in each pupil.
The Haikou Campus provides excellent facilities for students with a capacity of 900 students catered from Early Years through to Sixth Form, using the UK curriculum from EYFS through up to A Level.
Haikou, known as the 'Coconut City', is the capital of Hainan Province, China's second largest island and is in the southern tip of China where the climate remains tropical. Air quality here is good and facilities are burgeoning. For those wanting a "South East Asian" feel to their China experience - this could be the place!
The remuneration package is very generous and includes the following:
- A competitive salary package
- An annual bonus of 10% of salary, subject to appraisal
- Full health insurance coverage for teachers as well as cover for dependents
- Onsite full-furnished accommodation provided for teachers in their first two years with the option of living offsite in second and subsequent contracts
- Return Airfare and baggage allowances for teacher and dependents
- 100% remission on tuition fees for up to two dependent children attending the School. 50% remission on tuition fees for third dependent child onward.
- The cost of all working visas, dependents' resident visas and work permits costs paid for by the school
*Please note that currently dependent visa's are not being issued for family members - please discuss the latest advice with your Teachanywhere consultant if you wish to travel with family.
- Fully qualified primary teacher with minimum two years post-qualification teaching experience at KS1 or KS2 for visa purposes.
- UK curriculum experience, as well as previous international experience preferred but not always essential.
- EAL experience would be an advantage.
- Committed to extra curricular activity.
- Teachers should be resilient and flexible.
- Be able to pass police checks and background checks including references.
- Be a proficient English speaker.
- Possess good classroom management skills.
- Citizens of the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, the USA or Canada are preferred for visa requirements.
'Teach the world, live the dream' - Teachanywhere was launched in 2004 to assist teachers of all levels and backgrounds find their ideal role in their dream location. We were one of the first companies to search the world for teaching opportunities while acknowledging that it's not always easy to settle in a new country. Combining Teachanywhere's size, expertise, and local knowledge we are able to advise teachers where in the world they are most likely to thrive professionally and as a person.
If you wish to be considered, please apply online. If successful, a teachanywhere consultant will be in touch and will be happy to furnish you with more information on the process of registration and interviewing, and discuss further opportunities to enhance your teaching career overseas. We look forward to hearing from you!