Principal Engineer required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business. Working from home available!
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of off highway machine technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling the design and development of components and systems? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced and complex Engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
As a principal engineer you will be responsible for providing technical guidance, governance and enabling the business to exceed customer expectations through the development of products in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
- To represent the engineering team as an expert in product technology
- Support product managers in development of design specifications for new products and modifications to existing products.
- To drive and deliver engineering solutions for all NPD, and appropriate technical guidance to the wider group
- To support Quality process, and guide root cause analysis of component failure
- Support the department in providing guidance to warranty teams on claims approval where necessary.
- To support the department in design / technology concept development and selection.
- Drive implementation of new technology into current and new products where this gives competitive advantage.
- To support group Engineering Manager in identifying and implementing cost effective design and technology alternatives to resolve field issues, ensuring appropriate maintenance and ongoing improvements to current product range.
- Mentor, coach and develop engineering talent as requested.
- To manage specific projects
- Provide training to wider teams on Engineering principles.
- BEng Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering experience in a similar field.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in both strategic and tactical decision making.
- A proven and considerable background in the design, development and successful launch to market of heavy machinery.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Creativity and innovative thinking.
- Familiarity with application of FEA (preferably Creo Simulate) and PDM
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative mentality.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Able to undertake reasonable travel both within UK and overseas.
- Hold a full driver's license.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety & Environmental Legislation.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.