My global client is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join their team. You will provide strategic direction and ensure best practice is followed with respect to the development of all levels of software.
- Maintain awareness of product roadmaps and priorities in the research division as well as related research developments.
- Provide recommendations for new areas of relevant research that can be undertaken within the team or at alternative locations.
- Use specialist software knowledge and experience to provide strategic direction on the development of innovative software solutions that solve complex problems.
- Set the vision for software development within the Product Company.
- Establish areas where software development needs to be more competitive and working with global software managers develop executable plans to get there.
- Establish both formal and informal networks to enable the breaking of new ground in software development.
- Make technical recommendations and pitches to key stakeholders to adopt new and innovative ways of working, tools and process improvement.
- Establish a technical governance role for all software development.
You will need:-
- Bachelor or Masters degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
- Significant Experience in developing scalable, software architectures.
- Significant experience (more than 10 years) in developing and supporting customer-deliverable software-based products.
- Significant experience developing new software development processes as well as introducing new tools.
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English.
- Must be able to develop a compelling vision for software development, align strategies and demonstrate strong influencing skills.
- Significant experience working in a global engineering environment and working with international teams to deliver software solutions.
- Significant experience working in a regulated, compliance-driven industry.
- Preferably some experience in a project management role using both Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) frameworks.
- Preferably some software team management experience.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.