We are pleased to be recruiting Production Operatives on behalf of our client Cosma Castings, part of the Magna International Group.
- Do you want to influence the future of one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers?
- Do you have any experience of working in a fast paced production environment?
- Do you want more job security and career opportunities working for a leading manufacturer in pioneering technology and solutions?
- Are you able to work in a fast paced environment that designs and builds aluminium die-cast automotive components.
- Are you looking for a career in a state of the art manufacturing facility in Telford?
If you answered yes to the above, we really want to hear from you, because jobs like these with the salary, perks and benefits available don't come around very often.
What you will be doing:
- Identifying, highlighting and escalating any product issues by STOP, CALL, WAIT process.
- Reporting to the Team Leader the Operator is part of the team responsible for the
- manufacture of castings on site, ensuring a safe working environment
- Working on fast paced production line
- Loading and unloading aluminium castings
- Using hand tools (flies, planes, grinders etc) to rework the casting to customer specification
- Delivering and maintaining both individual and team targets
- Maintaining 5S standards to maintain a safe working and clean environment
- You will maintain the line to ensure that it runs smoothly and efficiently
- Ensure all production processes conform to current quality standards top ensure quality parts are manufactured
- Manufacture parts in time to satisfy customer demand
- Work as part of a team to find the root cause of non-conforming production and implement corrective actions
- Record hourly performance and Key characteristics of parts produced
- Kaizen - always looking to improve production processes
Days: Monday to Friday (Rotating shifts) - 0600 - 1400 / 1400 - 2200
Nights:Monday to Friday (Set shift pattern) 2200 - 0600
37.5 hours per week - Potential overtime opportunities
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: £10.11 (Am shift), £10.75 (PM shift), £12.22 (night shift)
Benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday for the first 12 weeks, increasing to 33 days thereafter.
- Long term, ongoing assignment with temp to perm opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Canteen facilities with onsite shop
- Randstad benefits App - Discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- You will have an energetic, can- do-attitude
- Be a proactive, confident and self-motivated individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good communication, interpersonal skills
- Results driven with good communication skills
- Able to work in a faced paced environment
- Self-motivated, able to initiate and follow tasks through to completion
- Proven Production experience
- Experience of problem solving techniques/ideas
- Use of 5S to improve production environment (hygiene)
- Understanding of KPI's to track performance
Randstad are committed to equal employment opportunities. If you have a disability or any reasonable adjustment that requires accommodating through the application process please contact us.