Purpose of the job
Managing a portfolio of projects at various stages of the project delivery lifecycle that impact multiple business areas; ensuring that competing priorities are effectively managed to result in successful delivery of the projects within agreed timescales, scope and budget.
- Planning and designing programmes and projects, and proactively monitoring its progress
- Delivering projects within the agreed governance structure, timescales, scope and budget
- Tracking, prioritising and resolving issues and managing risks throughout the delivery process
- Budget and resource forecasting and management for each project
- Defining the governance structure for each project
- Managing Third Party deliverable and relationships in line with contractual obligations
- Providing effective and timely reports to ensure stakeholders are kept up-to-date at all stages throughout the project life cycle
- Lead a small team of project managers, business analysts and business product owners to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Participating in annual planning of the Change Management Portfolio, programme planning and project planning as well as managing to a budget
- Managing stakeholder expectations and relationships
- Creating and maintaining effective relationships with Procurement, Legal, Finance, Risk and IT to facilitate effective communications and delivery of the projects
- Lead on specific areas contributing to the development of the Change Function within the Change Management Team
Knowledge and experience
- Significant experience of delivering business transformation and technology change.
- Understanding what good design, development and testing looks like to enable robust discussions with technology resources and suppliers on the project.
- Significant change management and leadership skills, and the ability to apply them to implement new systems and redesign work.
- Experience of running senior stakeholder meetings e.g. Steering groups as well as workshops to facilitate an agreed decision/outcome.
- Experience of commercial negotiations with suppliers to input into contracts for project delivery.
- Experience of working in a complex corporate culture or rapidly growing business.
- A background in financial services is desirable.
If you have similar experience to that outlined above, please forward your CV today.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003...