Project Engineer - brakes required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading automotive business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background strategically leading and controlling the development of braking systems? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced and highly technical engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting, technical and rewarding challenge then this is the role for you!
This position offers the opportunity to be responsible for working within the chassis team for the on-time delivery of all activities for Brakes systems.
What's in it for you?
- Access to Mercedes lease scheme.
- Private Medical Cover
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Company Performance Bonus Scheme.
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Company pension scheme
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
- Work in a team to develop designs, strategies and systems for future platforms
- Be able to work alone to deliver braking systems onto new sports, performance and SUV variants
- Work with manufacturing and quality teams on right first-time delivery and in field warranty and quality concerns
- Liaise with attribute engineers to develop component, system and vehicle level tests for Design Verification purposes
- Compile required tests to verify components though development phases and into production manufacture
- Collaborate with application engineers to ensure testing is completed to meet programme gateways
- Develop specific test specifications and procedures
- Define tests requirements with suppliers and manage and track the progress of testing at the supplier
- Organise and manage components required for rig testing both inhouse and supplier
- Design rigs, jigs and fixturing for bench testing and development of components
- Lead and support vehicle-based testing at various global locations
- Develop and maintain precise records of tests and test results
- Produce test reports for submission to sign off components
- System Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis creation, maintenance and verification
- Liaise with CAE department to develop correlation between simulation and physical testing
Essential experience you will need:
- Degree Qualified
- Extensive OEM automotive production or engineering
- Brake system experience also required
- Chassis component design
- Vehicle communication networks e.g. CAN/Flexray
- EV vehicle manufacture desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of component design process
- Experience with FMEA process
- Report writing
- Ability to create and maintain timing plans and ensure they are adhered to
- Knowledge of industry standard specifications and procedures
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.