Project Engineer - Functional Safety required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading automotive business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background strategically leading and controlling the development of functional safety? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced and highly technical engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting, technical and rewarding challenge then this is the role for you!
This position offers the opportunity to have a major impact on the companies strategy on achieving ISO 26262 compliance across all vehicle programs. To lead and perform product development activities within projects, relating to the application of ISO 26262.
What's in it for you?
- Access to Mercedes and FCA car lease scheme.
- Private Medical Cover
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Company Performance Bonus Scheme.
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Company pension scheme
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
- Support the development of internal functional safety process by developing and reviewing procedures, templates and process gates.
- Identify skills gaps and develop competence in functional safety through hands on guidance and training.
- Ensure that products are developed in accordance with ISO 26262.
- Plan, track and report functional safety achievement of assigned programs. Recommend improvements and escalate concerns as appropriate.
- Lead and support cross-functional teams on functional safety subjects
- Perform or support hazard identification, analysis and risk assessment, develop or support functional safety concepts and safety arguments (safety cases), develop or support safety analyses (FMEA, FTA etc.), cascade safety requirements to suppliers, develop or support verification and validation activities
Experience you will need:
- An engineering degree or relevant experience demonstrating degree level capability.
- Experience as functional safety engineer, electrical/electronics engineer, systems engineer or software architect
- Experience in safety related systems
- Excellent knowledge of ISO 26262
- Experience in controllability of vehicles, in particular vehicle dynamics
- Good knowledge of the product development cycle from concept to product launch
- Ability to develop and maintain technical documentation as required
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical and electronic systems integration
- Experience of managing the delivery of automotive software and feature delivery
- Working knowledge of in-vehicle networks and protocols
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.