Project Engineer - HV Battery Systems required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading automotive business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background strategically leading and controlling the development of HV battery systems? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced and highly technical engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting, technical and rewarding challenge then this is the role for you!
This position offers the opportunity to be responsible for High Voltage (HV) battery pack electrical and electronic specification, integration and on-time delivery to achieve vehicle attributes for hybrid and electric vehicles across all programmes.
What's in it for you?
- Access to Mercedes and FCA car lease scheme.
- Private Medical Cover
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Company pension scheme
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
- To define, own and deliver HV battery pack electrical and electronic systems from concept through to production, including achieving:
- Identify & contain potential quality concerns using engineering quality systems (FMEAs, Robustness Studies)
- Definition of programme cost targets and working with suppliers to deliver system that achieves these targets
- Definition of programme weight targets and managing CAD engineers to design system that achieves targets
- Generate robust System Design Specification to define system functional targets; deliver components to achieve targets; support Test & Development team with DVP planning & execution & ensure supplier tests are completed on time.
- Manage CAD engineers to achieve static & dynamic clearance targets, negotiate component change in other R&D departments if required to achieve clearances.
- Main point of contact for HV battery pack electrical and electronic systems for feasibility, functionality and resolution of technical issues
- Feasibility, functionality and resolution of technical issues for HV battery pack electrical and electronic systems
- Cross-functional working with other departments to define HV & associated LV systems to achieve vehicle requirements
- Support Quality, Functional Safety & Cyber Security, Patents and Intellectual Property teams
- Acquiring and evaluating competitor benchmark information to influence concept creation in early project phases
- Coordinating system & supplier comparison studies and evaluating RFQ responses to influence management decisions
- Establish regular design reviews with cross functional teams and support test rig planning and execution
- Develop and deliver commodity strategy for HV battery pack electrical and electronic system
- Train, coach and present technical information and share the knowledge throughout the business.
- Develop and record best practices and support development of design manuals to handle the Powertrain Electrification requirements of today and the future
Essential experience you will need:
- Delivery of HV battery electrical and electronic systems for hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Knowledge of all relevant vehicle legislation and certification requirements for HV automotive battery packs
- Knowledge of project life cycle management from early R&D to series production
- Hands on experience of working with LV and HV electrical and electronic systems.
- Leadership of product development projects to production
Highly desirable experience
- HV Automotive Battery Systems development for high performance hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Understanding of hybrid and electric powertrain system functionalities and attributes at vehicle, system and component levels
- Automotive powertrain electrical, electronic and mechanical integration knowledge.
- Use of test equipment to support electrical and electronic system testing
- Driving product development issues to a resolution
- Strong user of MATLAB/Simulink, and experience with CAD (NX, CATIA)
- Responsibility in Formula Student/SAE team
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.