Project Engineer - Instrument Cluster required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading automotive business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling the design and development of instrument clusters and infotainment displays? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced and highly technical engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting, technical and rewarding challenge then this is the role for you!
This position offers the opportunity to own and be responsible for feature definition & ownership, component ownership and delivery responsible for electrical components. These include, Displays, Instrument clusters etc
What's in it for you?
- Access to Mercedes and FCA car lease scheme.
- Private Medical Cover
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Company Performance Bonus Scheme.
- Discount on lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Company pension scheme
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
- Develop and maintain a 5-year strategy & foster relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed budget, timing.
- In depth technical understanding of Infotainment functions, vehicle architecture, CAN AUTOSAR
- Create and maintain system requirements for all instrument cluster functionality.
- Lead integration topics for the instrument cluster component
- In-depth understanding of the functional safety concepts and ISO 26262 requirements
- Create and run CANOE based simulations to validate Cluster functions
- Good understanding of vehicle architecture and lead system level discussions
- Support with defining targets for future models.
- Deliver the Programme quality, cost, weight, function and timing requirements for the systems and features you are responsible for.
- Ensure that the systems meet the Function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required.
- Manage the Bill of Materials for your components
- Project manage the suppliers in order to ensure your deliverables are met
- Conduct whole vehicle testing for your systems and features both within & outside of the UK with a focus on customer acceptance.
- Support prototype build and test vehicle preparation.
- Manage issues in the concern management system.
- Work with a cross functional team to ensure that all stakeholders deliver the support required to deliver your systems on time and to budget.
- Lead DFMEA and DVP creation for responsible components.
- Support functional safety related tasks at the concept and system level, including item definition, HARA, definition of safety goals, impact analysis etc.
Experience you will need:
- Degree qualified in engineering/electrical related discipline.
- CAN tools - CANoE
- Understanding of LIN/CAN/Automotive Ethernet
- Understanding of electronics/software and hardware design
- Data analysis & report writing
- Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing. Experience of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and Software). Experience of software development processes and managing software delivery.
- Experience of delivering infotainment systems, Navigation, Bluetooth and Media devices, Tuner and Infotainment HMI. Delivery experience on Infotainment OS system (windows, Linux, QNX, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing
- Supplier management experience
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.