Are you an experienced Project Engineer? Do you have expertise and experience in the technical support of plant / facility-related capital projects?
We are recruiting for a Projects Engineer to join an experienced and committed team at a well known cosmetics manufacturer. The successful candidate will also act as the site lead for individual projects from conception to completion including all financial, quality and time line controls of the project.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity working 08.15-16.30 Mon-Fri.
- Manage Individual Projects up to a value of £3,000,000 on an annual basis, whilst having the capability to simultaneously manage numerous projects running in tandem, with a potential total value of over £4,000,000 per annum.
- Manage Capital Projects following best practice and techniques from conception, design, procurement, installation, commissioning and final handover.
- Application of DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ protocols and procedures ensuring OTC/GMP requirements are met.
- Liaise with equipment end users and affected departments to gather design and function requirements of new layouts for equipment with respect to productivity, safety and ergonomics
- Liaise with machine suppliers, Assembly management and Planning departments on the design, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Supervise support during the successful implementation / introduction of any new equipment into production. With a key focus on ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to during installation / commissioning works.
- Ensure that all project related work is carried out on time, to budget, is "fit for purpose" and delivers to the highest standard and current best practice. Ensure customer requirements are not only met in full but aim to exceed.
- Work independently on individual projects and part of the Project team on group projects.
- Contribute to the process of selecting and ordering all new major production/process equipment to ensure continuity of standards and that all practical "installation" implications are considered
- Investigate Proposed Projects, identifying and evaluating project cost, impact on the organisation, layout options, possible savings after implementation and any legal requirements which must be adhered to.
- Obtain competitive quotations to complete major engineering works through a formal tendering process. Plan, negotiate and implement schedules of work for all major projects with the effected internal departments and external contractors.
- Liaise with IE / ME, Health and Safety, and Departmental Manager on the design of new layouts for equipment with respect to productivity, safety, ergonomics and end user requirements.
Qualifications / Qualities:
- Specific Skill Requirements: Leadership incl: coaching, influencing, team building of colleagues that are not direct reports.
- Good project management skills with attention to detail.
- Negotiation skills re: tendering process with external suppliers linked to solid understanding of cost implications.
- Setting priorities and reassessing in response to project changing needs.
- Numeracy skills - constant use of figures and financial data.
- Willingness to take ownership of role and deliver high performance in area.
If you enjoy working in an environment where you can make a difference, and work within a unique culture, we would love to hear from you.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.