Job Title: Project Manager (FM) , up to £55,000 + Benefits, Sheffield
This Project Manager role covers a PFI school contracts in Sheffield, Bradfield, and Doncaster (6 PFI schools in total, all of which deliver full Total FM).
Project Managers have typically stepped up from a Senior Site Manager role and are making the transition from Site Management to Project Management. They provide a supporting role to the Contract Manager often taking responsibility for a section of works or for managing all site and construction activities dependant on project set-up.
Whilst there is a considerable degree of learning to undertake in making the transition, in particular familiarity with all commercial reporting procedures, they will be exceptionally competent individuals very capable of taking the lead in the absence of the Contracts Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Identify project critical success factors, translates and communicates to the team as project milestones.
* Determines project set-up and clearly communicates all roles and responsibilities. This may be via a project organogram.
* Sets up a change control process that takes full account of the contract requirements and communicates across team.
* Sets up the document control system to optimise distribution of information.
* Promotes and actively participates in knowledge share events.
* Operates effectively to recruit a team and set-up a new project inclusive of all PEP documentation, client specific documents etc.
* Participates in tenders and PQQ's to benefit the company.
* Develop project programme with knowledge of critical path, float and risk and opportunity.
* Gives full consideration to all restrictions and links in client and third party approvals with design and delivery of construction.
* Fully aware of the resource requirements of the project and makes arrangements to meet these needs.
* Works with the supply chain to establish effective relationships and ensure continuous improvement.
* Working with the planning and project controls team to establish progress to date & forecasts and ensure that monthly reporting is accurate.
* Manages project activities to ensure works remain on target and takes action as required to rectify problems.
* Leads in the production of the PM Report and chairs the monthly Project Review Meeting.
* Sets up processes to ensure the effective management of reporting such as record sheets, site instructions, design team hours etc.
* Organises subcontractors and suppliers with commercial / procurement team.
* Familiar with COINS.
* Reviews monthly costs to ensure that there is no unnecessary waste and to maximise profit.
* Understands the importance of cash flow to the business and the client and focuses on works that will deliver target cash flow.
* Reviews and assists the commercial team in the monthly project reporting to ensure it accurately reflects progress.
* Understands project finance mechanisms and stakeholders
* Establishes and works to maintain robust open and honest reporting with all parties to ensure project meets targets.
* Ensures that robust on site procedures are established and employed and checks via audit.
* Seeks out opportunities for improvement, to overcome problem and to mitigate risk.
* Creates environment in which project team is encouraged to take a holistic approach to appraising and utilising engineering systems.
* Takes a holistic approach to appraising options considering project wide impacts and opportunities for improvement.
* Identifies challenges and defines methodologies that overcome these to deliver a safe and cost effective solution that delivers the programme.
CSCS MANAGERS (BLACK) CARD
Degree or similar SMSTS
IOSH Managing Safely
MIWFM or similar
Experience in management role overseeing a team facilities management contracts (ideally with school or PFI experience and experience in hard and soft FM)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.