To further support the demands of the Further Education sector Randstad seek to recruit an experienced Project Manager for our exclusive client SERC, South Eastern Regional College based within their Ballynahinch campus.
The successful post holder will manage a UK Government funded project to the value of £640k
to achieve its objectives around skills development and innovation support for individuals and businesses. The post holder will manage a team of coaches and advisors to deliver a managed service of advice and support and liaise with the funder and stakeholders to deliver the agreed outcomes.
- 8 month fixed term contract with scope for extension
- Exposure to one of the UKs leading Further & Higher Education education establishments
- Highly Competitive pay rate £19.02 per hour
- 36 hour standard working week
- Onsite parking
- Enhanced holidays and benefits
- Immediate start date
- Hold a Degree or a Level 6 qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years working in a similar role.
- A minimum of 3 years staff management experience.
- Excellent project management experience.
- Budget management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong negotiation
- and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to progress several tasks simultaneously and
- maintain timescales, including when working under pressure.
- Ability to quickly identify, analyse and solve problems.
- Ability to work in a results-oriented environment including delivering on targets.
- Have a current driving licence and access to a car or have access to a form of transport that will enable the post holder to fulfil the role in full should travel to other campus locations be required.
- To project manage activity in line with the funding regulations and SERC's policies and procedures through to completion.
- Provide reports to funders on criteria as set.
- To manage temporary project staff and ensure that such staff work towards successfully meeting project objectives and targets.
- To liaise with staff internally to secure commitment to projects from the outset to the completion.
- To liaise with funders and stakeholders to ensure that SERC is meeting all expectations of such organisations.
- To recruit and engage external project benefactors and participants to ensure that objectives and targets are met.
- To work with Business Services colleagues to maximise the potential of participating businesses in such programmes.
- To ensure that management is kept informed at all times of project performance.
- To set, coordinate and monitor work plans and to prioritise work against conflicting priorities, in a changing work environment. This will include providing frequent progress reports to the Head of Department.
- Lead staff in an effective manner to ensure that they understand and commit to objectives as well as the ethos of the organisation. In doing so building and maintaining high levels of staff morale.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to staff consistent with effective decision making whilst retaining overall accountability for results.
- Provide guidance on personal development requirements and advise on, where appropriate, training requirements for staff reporting to them.
- Ensure the effective management of all related duties and areas of responsibility within agreed budget limits.
- To ensure that project spend stays within the set budgets and does not create liability for the college.
- To ensure the project offers value for money and sustainability.
- Provide reports on expenditure to line manager on a regular basis where appropriate.
- To follow College financial and tendering procedures in securing external services.
- To ensure value for money when securing the services of external suppliers
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone....